At the 2019 New York Student Government Training Conference, you’ll improve your SG and network with peers amid the beautiful skyline and bright lights of the Big City.
Arrive early or extend your stay to experience all that New York has to offer. Take a taxi or subway into Manhattan, then explore Times Square, catch a Broadway show, and sample the Big Apple’s world-famous cuisine. Take a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, tour the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, catch a basketball or hockey game at Madison Square Garden, or see the bright lights of the big city skyline from the 100th floor of the famed Empire State Building.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2019 New York Student Government Training Conference features:
- More than 20 intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SG, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that the New York area has to offer
- Personal attention from the ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2019.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being hosted at the Hudson County Community College Culinary Conference Center, located at 161 Newkirk Street, Jersey City, NJ 07306. The conference is in the first floor Banquet Room. (Campus Map)
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $229 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $329 for non-members (Register & pay by December 7, 2018 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The New York Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 250 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, drink)
- Free breakfast: A “light continental breakfast” on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from CampusTshirt.com (valued at $15 each)
- New York Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team